Aggressive Personal Injury
Lawyer Serving South Carolina
Since graduating at the top of his law school class, William J. Tuck
has been fighting to get compensation for the wrongfully injured.
Wrongful death happens when a death is caused by the carelessness, recklessness or intentional fault of another person or entity. A wrongful death may be, for example, a death caused by elder abuse and neglect, the manufacture and subsequent ingestion of a defective and dangerous prescription drug, or the failure to diagnose and/or treat a disease that ultimately proves fatal.
Wrongful death claims and lawsuits are generally filed by family members or beneficiaries of the decedent. These claims may be filed to obtain monetary compensation for earnings and benefits the deceased person would have otherwise provided his or her family. Other damages that may be recovered include:
- Death-related expense, e.g., medical and funeral bills
- Mental anguish and wounded feelings of the survivors of the decedent
- Loss of companionship, society, care and protection by the decedent
- Punitive damages, intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others
- The decedent’s own conscious pain and suffering, in a related claim called a survival action
If you live in the Pee Dee or other area of South Carolina, and a loved one has suffered a wrongful death, you may be eligible to receive compensation under the law.